We at Senior Financial Group want you to know that you have options, and you’re not alone. You don’t have to know everything about Medicare. That’s our job. We are seasoned professionals who have been assisting Medicare beneficiaries and their families for over 30 years. We can also help you save money by selecting the right coverage with the lowest rates and utilizing any available government programs for which you may be eligible. We work with a broad range of top-rated insurance companies so you can get the most value.
We guarantee exceptional service and will provide you with a wide range of solutions for varying lifestyles and budgets.
3 Options When Choosing Medicare Coverage:
- Original Medicare (Parts A and B) which is provided by the federal government. Part A covers inpatient hospital and skilled nursing. Part B covers outpatient medical services such as doctor visits. Part B is not free and most people pay a monthly premium. Both Parts A and B have deductibles and they cover you at 80%.
- Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) are offered by private insurance companies with a variety of plan, cost, copay and coinsurance options. Part C combines A, B and D (prescription drug coverage). Medicare Advantage Plans often include additional benefits such as vision and hearing.
- The third option is Original Medicare plus Medicare Supplemental Insurance (Medigap) and/or Part D. Supplements help fill in most of the financial gaps in Parts A and B coverage. These plans are offered by private insurance companies and can vary in cost and drugs covered.
Here’s a Medicare Path Infographic. It is a helpful visual tool to help you review your Medicare coverage options.
Learn more about the parts of Medicare in this brief video.
The Bottom Line…
- Original Medicare isn’t free and does not cover all of your healthcare needs.
- You’ll need to select the option that is right for your health and budget.
- There are a lot of Medicare details, but we are always here to help navigate you through your decisions.
- Difference Between Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage
- Difference Between Medicaid and Medicare
- Five Common Medicare Mistakes to Avoid
- What Your Medicare Claim Number Means
- The History of Medicare
- Ways to Protect Yourself from Medicare Fraud
- Changing Medicare Plans During AEP
- The Medicare Maze
- How Medicare Part D Works
Senior Financial Group is an independent insurance agency that is licensed to represent over 40 health insurance carriers. This portfolio of carriers allows to present our clients with maximum options for each individual’s circumstance.