February is American Heart Month.
First proclaimed by President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1963, February is named American Heart Month in efforts to spread awareness of matters of the heart. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, many people across the country will be considering the feelings in their heart and those that matter most to them.
What better time to consider the condition of your heart, too? Don’t forget that YOU matter also! Take charge of your health in 2018 to reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke.
American Heart Month is a federally designated month in the United States emphasizing the severity of cardiovascular disease (including heart disease and stroke) which is the leading global cause of death. Consider these alarming facts:
- Nearly 2,300 Americans die each day from cardiovascular disease.
- Someone in the U.S. suffers a stroke every 40 seconds.
- Cardiovascular diseases (including strokes) claim the lives of about one woman every 80 seconds.
- 27.6 million Americans are diagnosed with a heart disease.
At Senior Financial Group, we offer several products that help eliminate the loss associated with cardiac ailments. Our Critical Illness plans provide coverage designed to pay medical deductibles and co-pays, out-of-network and experimental treatment, household expenses, lost income, assisted living or nursing home care costs, and more. These are flexible plans that allow you to choose:
- between Comprehensive Care, Cardiac Care, or Cancer care,
- your monthly base benefit,
- your length of benefit period,
- whether you want to receive benefits on a monthly basis or lump sum.
You get to customize your plan. Plus, issue ages are 18-84. Covered conditions (depending on which plan you select) include cancer, cancer in-situ, stroke, heart attack, coronary artery bypass surgery, Alzheimer’s disease, kidney failure, paralysis, major organ transplant, and coma. Coverage options range from lifetime to term (10-30 years).
Contact our office if you would like to hear more about the competitive Critical Illness and Cancer Insurance plans we offer from reputable companies like GTL (Guarantee Trust Life), Mutual of Omaha, and more!
For more on American Heart Month, visit the American Heart Association.