Medicare Open Enrollment is your chance to compare your choices for the year ahead and to see if you could save money in 2023 on your health or prescription drug plans or even find extra benefits. Don’t delay – Open Enrollment ends December 7th.
Medicare plans can change their offerings every year – even your current plan may make changes.
Medicare.gov makes it easy to compare coverage options, shop for plans and feel confident about your choices. You can do a side-by-side comparison of plan coverage, costs and quality ratings to help you more easily see the differences between plans. If you choose a new plan for 2023, you can enroll right there or with the assistance of a Senior Financial Group benefits consultant. If your current plan still meets your health care needs, you don’t have to do anything.
Things you’ll want to consider when shopping for Medicare coverage:
- Check if your prescriptions are included on a plan’s formulary and if your health care providers are in a plan’s network.
- Remember that a low monthly premium may not always be the best overall value for your specific needs.
- Review a plan’s estimated total costs to you, including deductible and other out-of-pocket costs.
- Check if Medicare Advantage plans offer extra benefits, like vision, hearing, or dental coverage, if these are services you need.
- If you take insulin, there is a new cap on your out-of-pocket costs. Talk to someone for help comparing plans.
Ways Medicare Can Help
To compare plans and find the best coverage to fit your needs:
- Find plans at Medicare.gov and do side-by-side comparisons of costs and coverage.
- Call 865-777-0153 to speak to a Senior Financial Group benefits consultant.
Medicare Open Enrollment ends Dec. 7. Act now if you want to enroll in or make changes to your
Medicare health or prescription drug plans for coverage beginning Jan. 1, 2023. If your current coverage still meets your needs, then you don’t have to do anything. Remember, if you miss the Dec. 7 deadline, may have to wait a full year before you are able to make changes to your Medicare coverage.
For more information, visit Medicare.gov/plan-compare or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.